With urban populations growing, exploring ways to make cities more livable and yet sustainable is key. At Social Science, you’ll investigate how citizens and cities are working together to improve quality of life by looking at food, housing and growth, with sustainability in mind.
- Tour a tiny home built by the Academy for Career Education
- Explore hydroponics with Urban Roots
- Learn about community-based food systems from Jeff Bryant of the Polygrarian Institute
- Preview Reno’s new West 2nd District with members of the Don Clark Group
- Learn about permaculture with Jana Vanderhaar from Verdant Connections
- Explore the entire museum including Monster Fish: In Search of the Last River Giants
About Social Science
Social Science is adults-only, brain building fun featuring intriguing science demos, clever art projects, a live DJ, and beer, wine, and sweet and savory bites from Whole Foods Market Reno.